Friday, November 11, 2011

teaching an old chair some new tricks

Inspired by Brooke at All Things Thrifty, I purchased a chair and a bookcase, hoping to breathe some new life into them.  They sat and waited for the weather to cool off or warm up and for me to get up the nerve to tackle them.  Here is the chair (I realized I already posted about it, but I have since glazed it and changed the fabric on the seat and love it even more)...



and the bookcase...



Can you see the maps in the back?  I'm obsessed with "mapping" stuff.  It's so nice to have sturdy furniture instead of particle board self-assembly pieces that sag under the weight of your favorite children's books.

The priming and painting process was a little monotonous (thanks for your help, Dad!), but I love the glazing part!  I'm very pleased with how they turned out and am ready to take on my front door.  I think a lovely taupey beige color would work nicely.

1 comment:

  1. GORGEOUS! I wish you posted the pictures of the process, for future reference for me. Love your ideas.

    ReplyDelete